For people with absolute economic strength, Rolex watches are a perfect symbol of elegance and refinement, and it is precise because of this that many people favor Rolex. And because Rolex watches are expensive, there are many fake Rolexes on the market that vary in quality and version.
Some imitation Rolex has reached the point where it is enough to be real, but as long as you master some necessary skills, you can also distinguish between real Rolex goods and counterfeits. As for some top Rolex replica watches, it may be necessary to ask a professional to identify them. This watches guide will give you some practical suggestions on how to tell a fake Rolex.
1. Listen to the sound of the watch’s hands turning. The second hand of a normal watch usually has a short pause when it is moved. The second-hand will pause on one number and then jumps to the next number suddenly. If you listen to it carefully, you will hear a slight “click” as it walks.
However, the second hand of a Rolex watch (and other high-end watches) hardly pauses when it is moved, which is very smooth. Because of this, Rolex watches do not make a “click” sound. So if the watch on your hand makes a “click” sound, it must be a fake watch.
2. Similar to the previous method, the second hand of a Rolex watch will run very smoothly without being as stiff as a fake watch. You can observe whether the second hand of your watch is running smoothly. If the stopwatch sometimes appears to be slow, sometimes even stop and go, it means that your watch is probably fake.
3. We can also check the convex lens above the date to distinguish real vs. fake Rolex. Many Rolex watches have date dials or lenticular lenses. To make customers see more clearly, Rolex watches usually put a convex lens above the date. This part is difficult to fake, so many fake watches will pretend to put a “convex lens” on it.
If you can look closely, you will find that many fake Rolex’s so-called convex lenses are just ordinary glass. If you find that the date doesn’t look magnified, then this may be a fake watch. An authentic Rolex watch will magnify the date by 2.5 times, and the enlarged number occupies almost the entire small window. Some fake Rolex watches will also have a magnifying effect but usually cannot fill the entire window.
4. An authentic Rolex watch is made of precious metals and crystals, so it is more weighty to carry it. Whether you hold it in your hand or on your wrist, you will feel its weight. If your Rolex replica watch is lighter, it means that it is not the highest-end product. It either lacks the precious metals commonly used in Rolex watches or replaces parts with low-grade materials.
5. Inspection of non-metal parts can also distinguish the authenticity of Rolex watches. The bottom cover of the watch is also made of high-quality metal. If you see any parts on the watch made of thin and cheap metal such as plastic or aluminum, then this is a fake.
6. After trying the methods I mentioned above, you are still not sure, you can find the same Rolex watch on the Rolex official website, and then compare the appearance of your watch against the reference picture. As long as there is a slight difference, your watch may be a fake, because Rolex watches are famous for their excellent workmanship, and significant quality problems rarely occur.
When observing your Rolex watch, you need special pay attention to the dial to see if all parts are in the same position; if there is a stopwatch or date dial, check whether the positions are the same; and finally check whether the numbers and text on the surface are the same.
Sometimes, even if you know how to tell a fake Rolex, you may not be able to identify it because the current Rolex replica watches are very exquisite. In this case, you can ask an experienced and reliable jeweler or watchmaker to identify, and they can usually see the clues that ordinary people can’t see. However, asking someone to appraise a watch usually requires payment, and appraisal fees are not cheap.